Rotating pictures of Beautiful Grandchildren

Rotating pictures of Beautiful Grandchildren
Josh, Colette and Calvin - Christmas Eve 2008

Monday, January 21, 2008

Getting Started

Greetings! I am trying my hand at a blog! It will become evident over time why I chose the name Rash Vows and Beautiful Grandchildren. Tonight I am snow-bound in Black River Falls, Wisconsin after feeling very compelled to get off the highway during a bad snow storm in very cold and white out conditions. It was about 3:30 when I got off the highway and checked into a motel. After calling Bill and my Dad to tell them I would not make it to the Twin Cities tonight, guess what the first local news story was!! A terrible 12-car/truck accident had occurred shortly after I got off the highway - ONE MILE further on Highway 94. The freeway was even closed for awhile. I am VERY grateful to the leading of God to leave the highway even though I was thinking that I was a chicken - but not upset about it at all!! Learning to listen to the small still voice of God. Love to you all and more on this site in the next few days. Laura

6 comments:

MJ Krech said...

Welcome to the blog world, Laura! Great to see you! Love your title and colors! I'll be back often to see what's going on in your life. What fun!

So thankful you got off the road when you did. Nasty weather, sounds like!

christian said...

Nice cheap shot on the bio, Mom! Get ready to change it in a couple months!

MJ Krech said...

Sounds like Mom's not going to be the reigning champ too much longer!

neverlie said...

Yay Mom! How fun! SO relieved that you're safe, too bad we weren't there to offer a place to stay :(. Can't wait for more posts, this will be a good way to keep us all closer :). Love you! Abby

neverlie said...

Hey, what about the American Idol pool?

Sarah said...

Yay! Love you, Auntie L.