Rotating pictures of Beautiful Grandchildren

Rotating pictures of Beautiful Grandchildren
Josh, Colette and Calvin - Christmas Eve 2008

Monday, March 3, 2008

Rash Vow #1 - Success with small temptations!

Quick Update with my first rash vow to not buy anything new for one year. I am continuing to love this! I feel so free and relaxed. I can go into a big box store and not buy anything other than the pharmacy or food item I planned to buy. Here a few little temptations I got past this last week:

- I was reaching for the new John Grisham novel before I remembered my vow. I did not buy it but can't wait to borrow it from a library or someone else who bought it! (Hint Hint!)
- No lattes yet and not wanting any!! Enjoying my tea.
- Josh's birthday - had a good idea of something to make and Abby came up with a better idea they needed help with (involves something they are buying used and some Badger fabric I already had.)
- Spring clothes are already in the big box stores. Quick glance but no purchases! Actually I don't NEED anything - I have beautiful clothes already (I am talking to myself here.)
- Thinking of summer already and the thought that I needed another set of beds for the little kids. Realized that for the one week that the mega family is here - don't need another set of beds since have very nice blow up bed for them.
- Spring decorations at Trig's - looked and then laughed at myself. Then when I put out my spring decorations saw that certainly did NOT need anything else.
- Spring hand towels and wash cloths for my bath room - wanted something new and pretty - went through my stash of pretty towels and of course found the perfect ones.

Any way - thanks for reading through my little victories and this return to sanity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go Mom! It's so great to hear your victories, thanks for posting them.

Love you!
Abby