Rotating pictures of Beautiful Grandchildren

Rotating pictures of Beautiful Grandchildren
Josh, Colette and Calvin - Christmas Eve 2008

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Rash Vows - Update

Rash Vow #2 - I have now lost 10 lbs. I am obviously very happy! Have been stuck at -10 lbs. for a couple of weeks - so am very motivated to get into the teens! I am enjoying eating healthy food - still feel the draw to sugar. Probably always will. More later.

Rash Vow #1 - Am now in my 4th month of not buying anything new. I am still amazed at how easy this has been. I find choices to make. Christian and Kate even honored my vow and found some great books for Bill's birthday at a second-hand book store. (Bill was heard to say - "It is not my vow!!") Anyway - now that spring clothes are in the stores and in the many catalogs that come in the daily mail, I will admit I was very tempted (especially the pretty shoes!) But once I decided I was not going to break the vow to buy more clothes - I was okay. This trip to MN, I am going to a large Good Will in St. Paul and looking for a few casual spring tops. During my last trip to this Good Will, I was amazed at the quality of items and the low prices!!

1 comment:

MJ Krech said...

Vow #1: So proud of you! I'll bet Bill enjoyed the books, right?! I'm not sure this is a vow I could follow with any kind of purity. I'm certainly enjoying your adventure, though!

Vow #2: Does anything fit looser now? That's always such a joy, isn't it?!