Rotating pictures of Beautiful Grandchildren

Rotating pictures of Beautiful Grandchildren
Josh, Colette and Calvin - Christmas Eve 2008

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Rash Vows in General

Today I am embarking on my next Rash Vow. I have had some feedback on use the term "rash vow" which some think means impossible or reckless. I have put the article which inspired the term at the bottom of my main page and looked up the words. RASH actually means: acting or tending to act too hastily or without due consideration OR characterized by or showing too great haste or lack of consideration: rash promises. VOW means a solemn promise, pledge, or personal commitment: to pledge or resolve solemnly to do, make, give, observe, etc. trying to put the two words together made me realize that there is something hasty and reckless about making such a vow but it is good to do it!! I love the following quote which is exactly what I am trying to do: The man who makes a vow makes an appointment with himself at some distant time or place.

1 comment:

MJ Krech said...

I love this idea of making an appointment with yourself for the future. You might be smacked in the face with the rashness, but you also might be confronted with the vow and its sacredness.