Rotating pictures of Beautiful Grandchildren

Rotating pictures of Beautiful Grandchildren
Josh, Colette and Calvin - Christmas Eve 2008

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Victories this week - Both Rash Vows!

Good afternoon! I had a good week this week - got by temptations relating to both of my rash vows. First as to spending - I had to get through the first Valentine's Day without buying Bill any card or anything new (and I wasn't home to make him something.) I was in DC on business but got to see what everyone was buying their sweethearts. When I got home, Bill was so happy that I had not bought him anything (and broken my vow) and he had found me the perfect gift - a baabaazuzu hat which is a handmade hat made out to recycled fabric and sweaters which matches both of my winter coats. Good job Bill with my compact and a surprise as well!! (He also got me a card - but we agreed we won't spend $5.00 for another card for each other in the future.) I also did not buy junk food and lattes in airports on this trip. Yay!!

As to the second vow, in the first week on NutriSystem (even out of town for 3 days) I lost 3.5 lbs! I am really pleased and feeling more in control of both my spending and my eating. Praise God.

1 comment:

MJ Krech said...

Way to go, Laura! I'm so proud of you!

Sarah is in the hospital again for a repeat of the same bile duct procedure. Please add her to your prayers! We saw her today. She's hoping to get the pain level down to manageable levels again. Hopefully she won't be out of work more than a couple weeks.

Love you!